Read First: If you’re having trouble, if steam is having issues, or if you’d prefer raw files, here is a direct link to the .scs file. https://dl-file.com/qgc10vyh23eo/RealGoogleVoice_Mod_US.scs.html Simply drag this file into your “mod” folder. Documents > American Truck Simulator > mod. Apparently the workshop uploader tool or steam can be inconsistent.
Real Google Maps voice for navigation on American Truck Simulator. A direct replacement for the unrealistic default gps voices.
Hands down, the best US navigation voice mod you can get. After trying a similar mod, i hated the fact it wasn’t geared towards US players. So i created this one myself. I started with an empty folder and built everything from scratch using a program i wrote that converts GTTS (google text to speech) into .ogg files. I then took those files through audacity in post and increased the tempo.
This mod has been made for United States players only at this time. – US google maps voice, feet and miles instead of meters and kilometers, etc.
– Uses phrases like “In a quarter mile..”, “In 100 feet…”, “In 200 feet” instead of “meters”. Just like the real US google maps navigation.
– New and different phrases compared to other voice mods, adding even more realism on the road.
– Added start navigation phrase “Beginning route navigation”, where no phrase was declared with other mods.
– Added phrase “Recalculating…”
– Changed default speed signal indicator to a new hq triple beep sound. To enable, go to options / audio / speed warning / choose “sound” from dropdown.
– Added speed warning indicator phrase “Speed limit exceeded”. To enable this instead, go to options / audio / speed warning / choose “voice” from dropdown.
– Enable “Real US Google Nav” in your mod manager.
– Bring priority towards the top. If you are running any google maps navigation UI mods to go along with it, have the mod go directly under that. Confirm and exit.
— MOST IMPORTANTLY! —
– Continue your game. Then configure the mod in your settings. Options / Audio / Voice Navigation.
– Make sure “Enable voice navigation” is checked.
– Under that, choose the voice “English- Google Maps US” from the drop down.
– And that’s it! You’re good to go. I hope you enjoy this mod, it’s my first one! I may add other accents, languages, and more optimizations depending on how everyone likes it so leave a comment or review!
Thanks and see you on the road!
Original Post: Visit Now
GameModing.com claims no ownership or authorship of this mod - files, images & description. All credit goes to the author of this work. To view the original posting, please click here. To submit a take down request, please email [email protected]